"Whatever we think about and thank about, we bring about." Dr John Demartini

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

My Paper Bag Art Journal : Sow Seeds of Love

This page was once again inspired by a video by Andrea Gomoll (Me thinks me like her videos ;-) ) you can watch the video here

This is my finished page :-

  1. I tore pieces of brown card stock which I distressed with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads beforehand and also tore a large Bingo card. These I pasted down randomly with gel medium.
  2. Then a layer of acrylic canvas medium.
  3. Strips of tissue tape were added for more texture.
  4. Used a Blending tool and Pink and Brown Distress inks and added some colour ontop of the canvas medium.
  5. Stamped randomly with StazOn Black.
  6.  I sketched flowers on a free printable dictionary page as well as on the background and then outlined it with a black permanent fine liner.
  7. I then tore the dictionary page in an oval shape, inked it with pink and brown distress inks and  pasted it down with gel medium.
  8. Added another strip of tissue tape to overlap the dictionary page.
  9. The flowers were painted with Derwent Inktense Blocks and more detail was added with permanent markers.
  10. The chipboard corner by Enmarc Crafts was inked with pink and brown distress inks, spritzed and flicked with water and when it was dry, I painted clear rock candy distress paint on top and left it to dry.
  11. Added a bit of distress ink to the dictionary page as it was too white.
  12. Then I rubbed a bit of magic touch in a copper colour randomly on the page.
  13. The wording was done with a white permanent marker onto a piece of the brown distressed card stock. The letters were outlined with a black fine liner. I then tore the words separately from the card stock piece and inked each piece with brown, then pasted it down.
  14. The small hearts came from a box I cut with my Silhouette and I thought that is what Seeds of Love look like ;-)
  15. When the chipboard corner was dry, I pasted it down.
  16. Lastly I added some shadows.
Now for a few close-ups :-





Enmarc Crafts Product used:-
  White Board -  Page Corner : Ribbon

Thank you for stopping by and your comment will be appreciated :-)

1 comment:

Denise van Deventer said...

Wow Alma...I really love this art journal page...it's stunning! Everything is perfect.....This is definitely a seed of fabulosity!!!!